Thursday, February 26, 2009

Science Fair Projects

I'm getting to the point of really disliking Science Fair Projects. This is my son's second one. The first one, he had a blast doing. He picked the topic and was quite willing to do the work. This year, it was picked for him (randomly) by his teacher. I'm having to drag him kicking and screaming through the procedures so that it gets done. I shouldn't have to do that. I really wish they'd approved one of the two projects he proposed himself. We'd be done with this by now.

We've been considering taking him out of the Focus program as it is. He's not enjoying it and he's really dragging his feet on it. He's said straight out that if it weren't for the science side of it, he would rather not do it at all. I'm looking into putting him into CEISMCs program at Georgia Tech to boost the science side. I have a feeling that'll work much better.

Oh well, back to the grind.

No comments: