Friday, October 03, 2008

It's a week..

It's been an 'oh woe is me' week. I don't mean to whine or complain, but it seems I did plenty of that this week. Today I'm back at the school in a special ed class. This one is the younger kids. Not so much thinking, though just as tiring.

My kids managed to get their TV taken away from them Wednesday. They've gotten much worse about being told to do something and then finding themselves watching TV in the play room. Of course, whatever it was they were supposed to do didn't happen. I finally got fed up and disconnected the cable from their tv. They kept asking what they'd do, I told them if they were bored I could clean their play room. Somehow, they found things to do.

It's a wonder, but we made it through the week without any major problems. My son got his homework in on time (finished) though he needs to work on the effort he puts into it. Asking for help is not his forte, even when his dad and I tell him if he needs it to ask.

Tomorrow we're going to the GA Tech vs. Duke game. It'll be my daughter's first football game. She's looking forward to it. My son was a grumpus earlier this week and told me he didn't want to go after all. So I told him I'd be happy to invite his best friend (who wants to go to Tech) instead and he could stay at his friend's house. Somehow, he didn't think that was a good idea.

Sunday is a cub scout meeting for me with whatever boys show from the roundup earlier this week and my current boys. My husband is taking my kids north to a family reunion, so I'll have the house to myself while I'm home. That'll be a novel experience.. well maybe not so much. I get it to myself on the days the kids are in school and hubby's at work. It'll just be a Sunday instead of a weekday.

At any rate, this week is a wrap. Hopefully I'll have pics of the football game for you Sunday (if not Saturday). In the meantime, have a good weekend.

No comments: