Thursday, July 24, 2008

My son's rash

Just thought I'd update on my son's rash. What was once molluscum contagiosum (sounds like something from Harry Potter), has changed. Three of the original bumps under his arm merged and started to look very aggravated. The rash that had been healing started to reappear. It seems two things happened pretty much simultaneously. First is that he developed a sensitivity to the medication that we were putting on the rash (hives). The second is that the 3 bumps that merged got infected. As soon as we got home, I took him to the doctor and found out that he had a staph infection. UGH. Fortunately, not a resistant type, but still. So now he's on antibiotics 4xs a day and a cream for the area itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

My child had the same reaction, it's called Molluscum COntagiousum. My Doctor prescribed Aldera, that antibiotic, but all it did was make things worse. I searched desperately on google. I found some products from a medical company I found at www.molluscum.com

I used this on my child for about 3-4 weeks and they were all gone, disapeared!

good luck!