Sunday, October 21, 2007

Camping

We had a blast camping this weekend. Our pack went up to Rainey Mountain to the Sweetwater Fall Family camping event. The boys had a blast camping out. They, of course, had a blast shooting bb guns and doing archery too. They made 'space goop', painted pictures, hiked to a small waterfall (made smaller due to the drought) and played with Mars dirt.

Side Note: If you ever go camping, I highly recommend one of the Coleman 2-Burner Fold 'N Go InstaStart Stove. This was my first time taking one. I've cooked over the fire, I decided to try to cook over a small stove. Very convenient little gadget. Two burners so you can boil water for coffee (or tea) while you cook your breakfast. It stores very nicely and is light weight. A very good purchase if I say so myself.

Anyway, I thought I'd include a picture of the lake at Camp Rainey Mountain. You can see how far down it is due to the drought. The platform in the middle is supposed to be for swimming/diving. Obviously, that's not currently possible.

No comments: