Friday, June 15, 2007

Shrek the Third

I took my kids to go see this movie yesterday. They enjoyed the first one and really had fun with the second. They liked the third, but I think too much of the humor went way over their heads. Adults and older teens would appreciate the majority of the humor that's associated with music. With songs by Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, etc, you have to appreciate where the music came from to know why it's humorous in the film. Anyway, worth the free tickets it took us to get in. Comments from the kids about it were "it was pretty good" (my son) and "it's ok" (my daughter). My kids' favorite scene was the switch back toward the end between Donkey and Puss with each other's tail. The rest was pretty insignificant.

So, worth renting on DVD, possibly worth seeing in the theater.

Unrelated note: check bye bye birdies for snake id if you're interested.

No comments: