Thursday, March 01, 2007

Barnes & Noble unprepared

So, my friend Suzanne McMinn (see blogroll) was sweet enough to send me a couple of coupons to get myself a couple of romance books. It having been one of "those weeks" last week, I contacted her late and got them yesterday. They expired yesterday. Anyway, so I figure my best bet is to go to Barnes & Noble after dropping my kids at Choi (it's only 5 minutes away) to find books by her or by Jill Shalvis (also see my blogroll).

Barnes and Noble did not have ANY books by EITHER author. So I finally settle on a couple of other books and go to check out. B&N isn't set up to DO coupons. Now, I thought they were a big chain bookstore with lots and lots of books and abilities. That's two strikes in one evening (3 if you count each coupon separately). The nice lady, after fiddling a bit to get her computer to take my coupons, finally convinced the register to at least take the money off of the books manually. So I'll give them a + for nice staff. But still..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that's annoying! I'm so sorry you couldn't get one of my books. Be sure to try my next contest on my blog, okay?