Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Parental Rebellion

Well, sort of. After getting my kids' playroom cleaned up earlier this week, my kids have taken disaster to a new level in their bedrooms. We have cats who have to have their litter box just so or one of them rebels, generally to the detriment of clothing that's left on the floor. Now, it's not that I don't try to keep the cat box like it's supposed to.. but I sometimes miss. If you take away targets, he doesn't rebel. I've been trying to get my kids to realize that they're going to STINK if they don't put their clothes where they belong. I've taken away priviledges when they don't do what they've said they'll do (or say they've done it when they haven't).

So, time for a bit of parental rebellion. My kids get to do their own laundry this weekend (required, not optional). They get no video games (computer or otherwise) for their 3 day weekend (starting today, actually). They must get their bedrooms as clean as I got their playroom. If they don't? They'll have no clean clothes and what's left on the floor is prime targeting for the cat. Maybe if they wander around school smelling bad they'll figure out I'm not kidding.

I'm such a mean mommy.

No comments: