Sunday, January 21, 2007

Flashback

My cat was determined that I'd get up this morning. He HAD to be fed. NOW. So, up I get, earlier than I wanted. After feeding him and then getting my first cup of hot tea of the morning, my brain slowly started up. Then it got silly. I grew up in the south (can't ya tell?) in a small town that nowadays is holding on with tooth and nail to survive. One of my favorite people growing up was a man who ran the local gas station. He was also a Shriner. As such, when Ray Stevens came out with "Shriner's Convention" (1980), I thought it was one of the funniest things to hear. I also grew up listening to "The Streak" (1974). So my brain had a flashback this morning. Running both songs through my head. I haven't heard either one in a very long time, so it's amazing that it remembered the words.

Wonder what it entails for the rest of the day that this is what I started out with..

No comments: