Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Frustration

When I signed up to be a Cub Scout leader, I had already committed myself to two other events. Namely the Atlanta Heart Walk and the Disney 1/2 Marathon. I was glad that I had another mom agree to be a co-leader so that there would be someone to lead the meetings on the dates I wouldn't be there. Well, Sunday she had her first chance to lead the boys. I had given her the plans that she needed to follow (what sections of the Cub Scout book to follow) so that the boys were on track. I checked with her (multiple times) to make sure she was comfortable with leading the boys. I also asked to make sure she understood what was needed. I even gave her an out if she wasn't comfortable that we'd reschedule the meeting. She agreed to everything. Apparently, absolutely nothing I gave her happened. In fact, a parent that was there informed me that my co-leader said she didn't know what she was supposed to do.

So, now I'm not so sure about her leading the January meeting. I'm hoping maybe I can get my husband to help and maybe see about getting a "guest leader" for the den.

More than anything, though, I feel sorry for the boys that went to the meeting expecting to work toward their Wolf Badge that didn't accomplish anything.

Post a Comment