Wednesday, July 06, 2005

is it really Random?

I've been contemplating the word "Random" in my blog title for the last couple of days. Debating if I wanted to keep my blog title or change it to something more creative like 'Break Away' or 'Escaped Mom'. As I thought about it, I decided to look up the definition of random, here's what I came up with. I came across this technical definition:

In ordinary language, the word random is used to express apparent lack of purpose or cause. This suggests that no matter what the cause of something, its nature is not only unknown but the consequences of its operation are also unknown.

Well, I don't like to think I have no purpose in my blog and the cause tends to change depending on what's happening or has recently happened. I think I prefer this Urban definition of Random instead:

Something unexpected and irrelevant, but often amusing.

That definition I can relate to. I'm definitely unexpected and usually quite irrelevant.. but does it really apply to what I write in my blog? At times, probably. The humor factor doesn't say WHO finds it amusing, just that it is. If I let you judge, most would probably say.. "well....." and you might even try to be nice about it.

I guess it doesn't really matter. If I do decide to change my blog name, I'd like to do it before I become more than a slimy mollusc. My goal? To maybe get as much traffic as Genuine or maybe even one of the others on my blogroll.

Anyway, so is my blog really random? I dunno.. but it's my blog. ;)

No comments: