Sunday, June 26, 2005

Habits

For one reason or another, starting with a child getting sick, I've managed to not go to church for a bit over a month. For years I didn't go to church just out of habit of not going. I've been working for over a year to change that habit into going. If for no other reason than to set a good example for my kids. It's amazing, sometimes, how easy it is to fall back in to old habits without really even meaning to.

Same goes for exercise. I feel better when I exercise, so I make an effort to do it. Then for one reason or another, I miss one workout session. If I'm lucky I make it back the next time, if not, I miss again and again until once again I notice I don't feel as good as I'd like. Then I start up doing exercise again. Argh. Of course, I really need to exercise too as I'm doing the 1/2 marathon at Disney again in January.

I've been slowly trying to build the habit of giving myself an extra 5-10 minutes in the morning to simply get myself ready for the day. So far it's just using a cleanser/moisturizer, and sometimes some cover-up and blush.

Oi. People really are creatures of habit. I check my email at least twice a day and enter my online sweepstakes once a day. I'm sure I have other habits that I just don't think about.

No comments: