Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Child with disorder question

There's a little boy in my class that is VERY bright. He's doing basic addition up to 20, knows the alphabet, can write his first and last name.. which is great for a 4 year old. However, he has a processing problem somewhere. My husband remembered that there is something out there that matches him, but couldnt' remember what it was. Basically, the boy has a hard time expressing feelings/thoughts. If something upsets him he will tend to react by throwing a fit, or otherwise being non-cooperative. For someone just looking in, it looks like he's trying to get attention. If you watch him long enough, though, you can tell that it's not intentional. He simply doesn't know how to connect what's in his brain with words. However, from what his karate instructor told me, she NEVER sees that problem. He has recently gotten county assistance with someone coming in twice a week to work with him and observe, but if anyone knows the name for this disorder, please drop me a note and let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope this gets to you....I am working with an organization that deals with children with ADD tendancies..tho I do not believe there is such a thing as ADD. those tendancies of not being able to explain your thoughtsa in words actually comes from not crawling as an infant...at birth a person is working totally right-brained. when you start to crawl your brain begins to connect with your left side. If you don't crawl, then the synapsis is not connected. there are therpies to remedy these. write me back and I'll share if you haven't found it yet. Also regarding your daughter's asthma: I had asthma for 15 years until I read "eat for your bloodtype"...I know it is just a theroy, but I cut out eggs and milk and alot of wherat, and in 1 month I was long distance running and haven't needed an inhaler (atrovent, aerovent, etc) in 5 years.

My email is shaunjessejake@gmail.com
Best to you...I think you're awesome for doing the single mom thing...my hat is off to you!

Shaun