Friday, March 25, 2005

Catch up time..

My sister and her family are coming in this evening and will be in town until some time Sunday. So I thought I'd go ahead and update what's going on as I most likely won't get back here until late Sunday or Monday. So, no particular order to the following, just the way my brain is flowing.

There's a leak in my ceiling in my den. We've had a leak here before (years ago) and apparently it's back. Plumber is coming tomorrow to take a look. *sigh* Hopefully it'll be fixed before we get new carpet in the house.. please please please.

My son came running in a little while ago to let me know that his sister had plugged the sink and filled it up. Then unplugged it and left the water running. The sink was filling faster than it was draining. It had a 1/4 inch left before over flow by the time hubby got there.

I was up most of the night last night coughing. I could have taken my codeine-laced cough syrup that I got a few weeks ago when I was actually sick. I'm avoiding taking it as I really don't want to end up depending on it. So I discovered that my dutalier glider, a blanket, a kitty on the lap, and my ipod were actually relaxing. Even if I wasn't sleeping.

Apparently it's a bad idea for me to take my kids to the park on a warm day for 3 hours, then try to take my son to soccer practice. It was such a pretty day and one of his friends was going to be there (someone he doesn't get to see very often as they go to different schools). He ended up over heated with a head ache. Maybe at least they'll sleep well tonight.

No comments: