Thursday, February 17, 2005

A Long Day

Having a daughter home sick with the flu is not a fun experience. Her fever broke (as best as I can tell) early this morning, but that doesn't mean she's well or happy. She's still very congested.

I was home (for the 3rd day) with her. Today she wanted to play. I was not allowed to even attempt chores (I did a few anyway). We played dolls, we played one of my Discovery Toys games, we played dolls, we played computer, we played dolls.. I fished out all the old clothes I had for dolls when I was her age. Just about every teddy bear in the house now has a dress on, and most dolls have had at least one clothing change.

She finally fell asleep for a nap about an hour ago. *yawn* Now my son is home. With a note from his teacher that he'd had a very mild fever (99.7) this afternoon. Because it was so late in the day, they didn't call me to get him. He's had a cough since Caro started a cough. I don't know if I can take another week with a sick child at home. Though if I can get chores done, the house at least will be cleaner.

2 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

It sounds like such a special day spent with your daughter, but it sounds like your gonna have to pull some cars and trucks out now!

letti said...

aww..i hope that when i'm a mommy that if i come across scenarios like this, i won't start banging my head against the wall but instead remind myself that this time is to precious to waste on being selfish :)