Sunday, December 05, 2004

I wanted to reflect..

on this year and my goal of becoming a Group Manager with Discovery Toys. So far, I have yet to have more than one recruit join. I was excited to have her join, she seemed excited as well. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, after she got her starter kit, she's "disappeared". I called, sent her letters, etc, and haven't heard back.

What's discouraging, though, is watching other new consultants start up and find their customer base faster than I've managed. I'm not sure if it's my approach (or lack thereof) that's blocking me. I've been working on "stepping out of my comfort zone" since July. I realize it's all a journey and the more you work on it, the better you get. But it's very disappointing to not see the improvement you're looking for.

I was talking with another lady who had briefly been a consultant. She saw the same issues (she's in my area) as I've seen. Now, I realize that this year hasn't been a good one for most people as far as money. But, she started years ago when the economy was a bit better than it is now. The fact that she saw it makes me wonder if the area I'm in is just bad for business all together. THAT is a very depressing thought. The area doesn't SEEM to be that badly off.

So, now I move on to figure out where I'm going with my business(es). Primarily the Discovery Toys part. I love the product, that hasn't changed. But I don't have the money to keep putting in to it to try to get it launched. I do A LOT better with selling things on ebay. I've found a small niche of stuff that I can sell and get good response. So, maybe I'm working on the wrong thing.

Whatever I'm doing, though. Something will have to change. I just have to figure out what.