Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Fitness

It's been a while since I made a Friday fitness post, so I figure I'm overdue.  I fell off the +Fitness Rebooted bandwagon, in fact I've been bad about exercise in general.  About the only thing I've maintained on a regular basis is walking the dogs.  I decided last week that I could change that, so I did.  Since I'm getting up at 5:30a with my son week day mornings anyway, I figured I could take the time to do at least 30 minutes of SOMETHING before starting my day.  So, once he's on the bus (by 6:20 or so), I start up a DVD and do a workout.  Mostly I've been doing Yoga, trying to help my hip flexibility for the kicks in Choi.  I'll eventually start alternating a cardio/strength workout with the Yoga.  For now, I'll stick to the yoga.

I am still walking the dogs, trying to go farther each day.  It depends on when I get away from work and how hot it is as to how far we go.  I'm also doing the Choi classes (usually, any way).   I didn't do the Big Peach Sizzler over the Labor Day holiday.  I had signed up, but hadn't done any walking and wasn't interested in hurting myself.  My next "big" thing is the Pretty Muddy in October.  I don't have any runs scheduled from there until I go down to Florida in January to do the 1/2.  I've got a lot of work to do.

1 comment:

mitzi said...

keep at it... thats all you can do and well to the hip releasers as I need it as well ...
I used to kick much higher but it hurts even to stretch hahah