Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cruising Disney style

I have to say, the family truly loved cruising with Disney. The kids were able to get away from each other and do their own thing. I only needed to make sure my younger one was registered for the Oceaneer stuff. I had a choice of letting her check herself out or not. I chose to let her do it, knowing that most likely her brother would be with her. He alternated between going to the Edge (tween hangout for 11-13 year olds) and going to the Oceaneer Lab. The Lab is aimed at 6-10 year olds, but it has enough to keep an older kid interested too. They had cooking classes (kids made cookies and more from scratch), art classes, games, etc. My daughter loved the Fairies area, my son played with the Pirates video game.

For me, I have to say I enjoyed the spa (who wouldn't?). I've had massages before, but the hot rock massage was da bomb. I also played bingo 4 different times. Twice I actually won.

The kids, my dad, and I also enjoyed the movie theater. My daughter and I went to see "Mars needs Moms". We missed it at our local theater, so we enjoyed it on board. The 4 of us went to see Cars 2. Definitely a cute movie, one we'll have to get on DVD at some point. They were also showing Pirates 4 and Prom in the theater. Then there was "Funnel Vision". A big screen over the pools on one of the funnels. It ran a lot of the animated favorites (Cinderella, Monsters Inc., etc) constantly from breakfast until after dinner. The kids and I also watched "Toy Story 3" from the room. Lots of access to Disney movies on board.

I think my husband enjoyed the ability to roam and take photos. I haven't seen any of them yet, but I'm sure they're good.

There was a lot for us to do (both organized and not). We came home tired but happy. My kids want us to start saving up to do it again. I think they may be on to something.

No comments: