Monday, July 01, 2019

Donating Plasma #savealife #makeadifference


It's been 30+ years since I donated blood.  Sometime around then, I also tried donating plasma.  The blood donations stopped after the Red Cross decided, as a result of my being sick when I donated last, they would no longer use my blood.  So I stopped trying.  As for the plasma, the one time I went, they managed to collapse all the veins in one of my arms and so couldn't perform the procedure.

Today, though, I'm going to a facility specifically to get screened to find my eligibility to donate plasma.  When my sister was so very sick earlier this year, she was getting plasma to try to help her combat her illness.  So, I've seen first hand where plasma gets used.

I found out about this facility via  friend who goes there regularly.  Hopefully, everything will go well and I'll have more to tell.

No comments: