Monday, September 04, 2017

Georgia Agritourism - fun and learning done right #hosted #GAagritourism #ExploreGeorgia

I was given the opportunity last week to travel with some fellow bloggers and influencers to find out more about Georgia Agritourism and some of the farms that participate.  I've known for a long time that there are a lot of farms that open their doors to the public to allow them to pick their own berries and other garden products.  I wasn't, though, aware of just the variety that was available and some of the OTHER things they offer not only to the schools willing/able to travel, but to the general public as well.  Most of the farms aren't currently open to the general public.  The average opening date is end of September (Sept. 30).

Over the next week or so, I'll share some of what I learned as well as what I saw.  I'll also try to share some of their upcoming events and give information about how to find out more and to get there.  The picture below is just a sampling of 4 of the farms we toured.  It was an awesome experience and I look forward to taking my own kids out to visit again.


In the meantime, check out my instagram and twitter feeds for other pictures from my trip.  Many have already been posted for you to preview.

No comments: