Monday, January 09, 2017

Monday Motivation #runDisney #Idoitforme #becauseIcan

So, this is my attempt at motivating not only myself but others too.  For those that know me, know that if I put my mind to something, I usually manage to pull it off.  The catch is getting me to start.  I'm not sure what my next goal will be, but over the past few years it's been to do what I didn't think I could do.  The results of that I show off in my home hanging on my walls.  It's the medals of the races I've participated in.  I was asked how many I had and how many were Disney, so I had to go do a tally.  The break down comes out as this:

Disney -
5K : 6
10K : 3
1/2 marathon : 6

Other races-
5K : 2 (I have more shirts that came from races but no medals.. so I can't give a full accurate count)
10K : 2 (both of these are Peachtree RR)
13K : 1
1/2 marathon : 1

I'm getting more impatient with myself and the races, so I'm not sure how many more I'll do. I do like to support charities, so I may limit it to that.  No decision or guarantees at this point.

So I guess my statement is this.  If I can do it at my turtle pace and manage to finish what I start, so can anyone else.  It just takes making the decision to do it and following through.

No comments: