I saw this one come across my pinterest feed some time ago. As a result, I made it one of those things that when I had the time, I'd see if I could do it. I didn't reload their directions, I just improvised as I went. The fan blades came from my local ReStore. The big block of wood was something leftover from a different project. I started by painting everything. Two blades pink, two blades blue, and the post purple. A single screw for each pair of blades holds them onto the post.
I then painted what design suited my fancy onto the blades.
This is the finished product hanging in the garden. I used a zip tie through the top two holes of the top two blades to be the hanger. I also added two screws to the top as antennae on a whim.