Monday, July 11, 2016

Making butterflies for the garden #maker #pinterest

I saw this one come across my pinterest feed some time ago.  As a result, I made it one of those things that when I had the time, I'd see if I could do it.  I didn't reload their directions, I just improvised as I went.  The fan blades came from my local ReStore.  The big block of wood was something leftover from a different project.  I started by painting everything.  Two blades pink, two blades blue, and the post purple.  A single screw for each pair of blades holds them onto the post.

I then painted what design suited my fancy onto the blades.

This is the finished product hanging in the garden.  I used a zip tie through the top two holes of the top two blades to be the hanger.  I also added two screws to the top as antennae on a whim.


No comments: