Monday, January 04, 2016

Goal for the new year - NOT resolution @BrooksRunning #newshoes #timetowalk #smallsteps

I don't like making resolutions.  I generally don't succeed.  Instead, this year I'm setting goals.  I finished out 2015 reasonably strong.  I made sure some things that have needed to happen were taken care of.  IE: Passports for the kids for our upcoming cruise, getting my son registered for the SAT/ACT, etc.  The problem with having "plenty of time" to get things done is they tend to slide until last minute.  I'm so tired of life happening TO me, that the first of my goals is to just get it done, whatever "it" is.

With all the fistula and related medical issues that happened to me last year, I haven't done much in the way of races or even just getting out to walk.  I'm still challenged visually, which makes running a hazard but my kids have said they'll go with me to help act as guides if needed.  So to get me started on the road, I bought a new pair of running shoes.  Love my Brooks shoes.  Normally, I'd go by Big Peach to get them or order them from Amazon.  This time I stopped by Hibbett Sports and picked them up.


I won't be running in the runDisney race this year, but I will be going to cheer everyone else along. My dad and I were slow on the uptake to getting in and didn't get in. I'm looking forward to going down and enjoying the parks and getting out of the RAIN! Now I'll need to make a choice as to what race I'll make my goal. I'm not in a rush, I figure it will be this Fall before I try a 5K.  I did join a friend's challenge on fitbit, maybe I'll actually be able to keep up.  Small steps.

No comments: