Of course, once I did I had to find something to print. Fortunately, there are many sites online that have free designs to download and print. This one is supposed to be an owl, but it was a failed print.
You can see the fail. My laptop went to sleep during the print, leaving the printer to wander aimlessly.
It took two more tries before I got a successful print out of it. This one is a hanger for the spool. This is necessary as I discovered. Without this, or something like it, the plastic will tangle causing more failed prints.
The printer isn't big, nor is it fast, but it's cool either way. The hanger was done on the "medium" setting and took 6 hours to print. Now to start creating my own designs.