Friday, May 01, 2015

Friday's Fighting Fistula



Apparently, my fistula fights back. I decided to call the nurse this week and ask about my eye. When I did, I got back a "that's not a reaction I've heard of/seen before". Not what I wanted to hear. They put me back on prednisone and called me in for an MRI on Tuesday afternoon. The results were in Wednesday with "residual fistula". I take that to mean that either the fistula didn't close the way it should have, or it partially reopened itself. So, now I'm scheduled to return to Emory way too early Monday morning. They'll do another angiogram to check the status of the fistula and determine while I'm on the table if it needs to be embollized. If it does, I'll be staying overnight again, but at least I won't have to wait any longer to get it fixed.

Looks like it'll be a while longer before I'm able to post regularly again. Update next week.

No comments: