Thursday, October 16, 2014

I've achieved wings! #diy #maker #Halloween #craft

I don't remember if I got this idea from pinterest or youtube.  My daughter has already challenged me to the next stage, though that one won't happen before Halloween.  The frame is crudely bent metal coat hangers.  I did my best to match them up as I was bending them.  There is electrical tape covering the sharp edges at the end and holding the pieces together.

The material covering the frame is from Hobby Lobby's scrap material area.  It has cool spider webs on it for the Halloween theme and only cost about $2 total.  I tried to get a shot of the material up in front of the window, but my camera wasn't sure where it was focusing and tried to get the trees through the wing.  The material covers both sides and is hot glued on.  I used ribbon around the edge to clean up the edges.

The strings to hold it together to the body are extra shoe laces.  I took an extra bit of coat hanger to the middle of each to give it support/structure, then glued them on.  I'll go back at some point and may use thread to reinforce it.

VOILA! Black spider webbed wings.  Not sure what I'm going to use them for, but they look cool to me.
Post a Comment