Monday, July 21, 2014

#Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious night in @GALawrenceville @AuroraTheatre

I was given an invitation to attend a media night for Lawrenceville's Aurora Theater's Mary Poppins.  My husband decided he wasn't interested in going, so my daughter and I made it a girl's night out.  We started by having dinner at Cosmo's Little Italy Pizza (her pick).  My daughter was determined to have pizza.  I, on the other hand, decided to have baked ziti.  We both thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere (cozy casual).

We wandered around the square after, though nothing more than restaurants and such were open.  After letting dinner settle slightly, we headed to a little place next to Cosmo's called Special Kneads and Treats.  Let me say straight up that this place will be hazardous to my wallet and my waist line in the future. I love supporting special programs and this one is doing a wonderful job.  Not to mention that what they're selling is AWESOME!  I had a salted caramel cupcake and cup of tea, my daughter had a cookie.


From there we headed over to the theater itself. I've seen a lot of shows advertised and have meant to get over there many times. I just haven't done it. For reference, the theater is located adjacent to the city parking deck. 



I wasn't able to get pictures of the production itself, but I will state that they did a VERY nice job of the show.  My daughter thoroughly enjoyed herself.  My favorite song in the show is (and almost always has been, even in the movie) Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.  My daughter decided she really liked the cast's performance of Step in Time.   

The show is running now through August 31st.  The theater is small and there didn't seem to be a bad seat in the house.  You can purchase tickets through the theater's web site:  http://www.auroratheatre.com/

No comments: