Friday, June 27, 2014

Adventures into @StitchFix

I've complained about this before, but I've felt frumpy and out of style for a while now. I've been trying to work on my wardrobe to update it and such, but it's been a challenge. I found out about Stitch Fix from various folks online and decided to give it a try. I received my first fix yesterday and unfortunately it wasn't quite what I'd hoped.

Just to let you know how it works, you go to their web site and answer a questionnaire.  It lets them know what you're interested in, what you're not, etc.  They'll even look at what you have pinterest to get information.  You pick a date you want to receive a fix.  They put something together and send it to you.  You keep (pay for) what you want and send back what you don't.  You do pay a styling fee.

So, for what I received.  I got a dress, cardigan sweater, a top, pants, and a necklace.
The dress I received was cute, but too small. I couldn't get it on to see how it looked.


Nice necklace, cost a bit much for what it was.

I liked the pants, I won't repeat what my husband said about them. My daughter thought they were a bit "loud".

I liked the sweater, but the arms were too tight.

I liked the top, but it was a bit sheer for my taste. It also hung such that I felt pregnant. I don't want to feel pregnant.

I did appreciate my stylist looking at what I'd put on pinterest to see what interested me. I love a lot of things, unfortunately it doesn't mean they'll look good on me (or fit right). I'll give it another go later and see if maybe it works out any better than this time.

No comments: