Thursday, January 09, 2014

New authors for teens?

My son posted over on My Georgia Teens that he's looking for new books. He's looking for Sci Fi/Fantasy without much romance in it. He really wants to try to find some new authors (new since 2010) to read. Something like I found when I went to the Decatur Book Festival.

He enjoys James Patterson (Maximum Ride), Rick Yancey, Pittacus Lore, Jonathan French and the Star Wars series. I've introduced him to Louise Cooper (Time Master) and Patricia Briggs (Mercy Thompson). He's read the Hunger Games trilogy, Ender's Game, and Allegiant, but won't read Tolkien (yet).  In the past he has read Jon Scieszka and Tony Abbott, the Star Craft series and more.

He has had me order Goblin Gate by Hilari Bell recently.   He's picked up the Percy Jackson books (though hasn't finished the series).  

If you have any suggestions, please visit his post on MGT and let him know.  He reads 2-3 books a week and has begun raiding my stores of books (not that I mind). If you're an author and would like to send him a book, he'd be happy to read and post a review over on My Georgia Teens.

No comments: