Sunday, November 03, 2013

Seen at the Georgia Tech Homecoming Reck Parade

I decided that if I was going to do Homecoming this year, this included getting up early and going to the Reck Parade on campus.  My family decided that getting up at "normal" time on a Saturday wasn't for them, so off I went by myself.  All of the entries were judged, though I can't say I paid any attention to the judging as it was happening.

There were quite a few awesome classic cars. These two were my favorites.


A Tech parade wouldn't be the same without a hover craft.



I think this was my favorite fixed body float.




I think my favorite "person powered" contraption was the human hamster wheel.

There were quite a few that were bicycle based contraptions.  Those varied in type and body style but none were direct-drive.  There were a few that were motor driven, several of those had issues.

Proof that at least some of the contraptions actually worked.


Definitely worth my getting up early for.  I had a blast talking to other parade goers, including a student from Pitt.

No comments: