Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Fitness - 5K run planning

I'm starting to plan my runs for next year.  My last run of this year was cancelled (by the event folks themselves), so my next runs are next year.  I still plan to do the 1/2 marathon at Walt Disney World in January.  I'll do that one with my dad.  He's decided that after this 1/2, he's going to scale back on distance.  He's thinking maybe the Tower of Terror 10 miler instead.  I liked the idea of the Expedition Everest 5K (an obstacle/scavenger hunt run).

I've only picked two other runs to register for at this point.  The first is the Hot Chocolate 5K.  My daughter is going to do that with me.  That one is a couple of weeks after the 1/2 marathon, so I'm keeping distance small comparatively.  The other I found out about at the Pet Expo.  It's a Run for the Rescues in March.

I'll likely do the run in Kennesaw to benefit Wounded Warriors as well.  I'd like to keep them fairly close to home, though. So I don't see me driving to Hampton to do the Color Run or the Foam Run.    I'll have to see what comes up over time.  Most of the races I did this year aren't listed yet for next year.  I like running for causes as well.  If you see a race mentioned you want a partner for, just let me know. :)

No comments: