Friday, October 11, 2013

Disney on Ice in Atlanta

My daughter and I went out to the Disney on Ice show out at Philips arena last night. We had a blast! Unfortunately for me, my pictures did not come out like I'd hoped, so the only ones I can share are those selfies we took before hand.


The show itself is called Celebrations and moves you through having an UnBirthday with the Mad Hatter, Alice and the crew. We get a brief appearance from Sorcerer Mickey and his magical broomsticks, which lead to Halloween. Halloween wouldn't be the same without Jack Skellington and some of the spirits of Halloween. Appearances by Cruella DeVille, Captain Hook, Maleficent, Jafar, and the Evil Queen top off this cast. It then goes to Valentine's day and a Fairy Godmother helps Minnie to find her "true love". The princesses appear and "tell" their stories for her until the Godmother reveals Mickey. This ended the first half of the show.

When the show resumed it showed Mickey and Minnie trying to go on a vacation. Mickey had a digital destinator which let them travel around the world. Starting in Hawaii and a luau, with a fire spinner display and Lilo and Stitch on hand. They then travel to Brazil, Japan, China and back to New Orleans with Princess Tiana. The show ends with Christmas and a big celebration that includes the Toy Story characters of Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Rex, Hammy and a troll doll.

There were many other characters that made brief appearances like Baloo & Mowgli, Dopey, Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, Pinocchio & his father, and others that I've forgotten. All together, a pretty nice show, loosely tied together in theme. I've seen better Disney on Ice shows, though I did enjoy the evening.

*I was compensated for this and the prior posts for Disney on Ice.

No comments: