Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Fitness - Confessions

I've been bad recently. I haven't really worked out like I should.  I can blame it on stress or I could blame it on work.  Really, no one to blame but me.  I did work out some and I did monitor my food, I just haven't completed the challenges that Kat has put up for us to do.  Bad me.

I did go for a physical recently and spoke with the doctor about a couple of issues I've had. I'm tired of them being issues, so I have more doctor appointments to see what we can do to fix them.  The big one (and hard to admit) is that I have stress incontinence.  What that means is that if I run (or sneeze), I leak.  Sometimes big time, sometimes not so bad.  I hate wearing the pads and I refuse to wear the undergarments.  So, toward the end of next month I go see a urogynecologist to see what (if anything) can be done.  Honestly, it's a condition I've had most of my life.  As I've gotten older, though, it has definitely gotten worse.  With my desire to do more 5Ks and fun runs (and another half marathon), it's just more than time to get a doctor's opinion.

I've also had trouble sleeping.  I am constantly waking up at night and am generally ready to crash hard by 2p.  It could be stress, it could be any number of things.  I also have trouble falling asleep due to restless legs.  It's like a leg cramp that doesn't hurt, but it makes my entire leg jump.  I can even manage to keep my husband awake when it's bad.  The doctor offered drugs, which I've turned down.  Instead, I'm going in for a sleep study (appointment not yet made) to see if they can figure out what's going on.

Now that summer is starting, I'm hoping to make it over to the Y more to swim and work out.  I also plan to pick back up on the challenges.  So maybe this summer will be a year of physical fixes in more ways than one.

No comments: