Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Fitness Update: New apps and a dress

After I managed to make my knee hurt last week, I was glad I had downloaded a couple of free apps. I like Jim Galloway and his approach to training for marathons/5ks, and his site sent out some links in January. Some of them were LoLo. I went to the LoLo Easy Apps area and downloaded Easy Abs, Easy Legs and Killer Butt (all free versions). So, instead of doing cardio the days my knee hurt, I did those 3 apps instead. Not a huge work out, but at least it was something.

I will be starting Zumba classes. It's at the local rec center a little over a mile from my home. I'll have more info on that one later.

I also bought myself a dress. It's a red maxi summer dress, nothing fancy. However, when I put it on the first time I could see the rolls through the dress. Not flattering. However, I *really* want to be able to wear it (and wear it well) this summer. So, I'll do the motivational thing and post a picture of me in it now. I'll even try to post updates of me in it to see whatever improvements there are. Not as daring as my friend who showed more than that as motivation, but for me it's enough.

The dress without me.

Me in the dress. I hate the fat line/roll. I know I could wear slimming undergarments and such, but I'd rather not have to.


No comments: