Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thoughts for Thursday

School:
Why does the D2L system (that Gwinnett Online Campus uses) have an issue with Wednesday? The last 3 Wednesdays in a row it has gone down or become so slow as to be effectively unusable. It makes it hard for the kids to stay caught up and not get distracted. It makes it hard for the parents to keep up with the kids and make sure they're doing their work on time. I blame it on the fact that the system was created by a Canadian company.. not someone local, 'eh?

Fitness:
My daughter and I have officially signed up for The Color Run in April. We'll be all tie-dyed for a second year. This year, though, it's down at the speedway. They apparently had so many sign up last year that they had to find a bigger venue. I'll likely be signing up for the Pretty Muddy run in October. Several social media moms are going and I'd have someone to do it with (since daughter isn't old enough yet). In memory of my brother-in-law and of a friend's husband that passed recently, I may sign up to do the Heart Walk in September too.

Home:
I'm working on the small stuff around the house. I get frustrated looking at the big picture of what needs to be done, so I'm doing the little stuff. I've hung some pictures and have a couple of frames to go to finish that project. I hung my medals, so now I know what I have and what I have as goals. I hung my watches (all Disney) just because and so that I can show them off (or at least keep them organized). I have cleaned the majority of the mess that was in the office and hallway. I'm watching for a cabinet or shelves or something that I can use in my kitchen as added pantry space. I don't know exactly what I want, so I'm keeping my eye on freecycle and goodwill just to keep it inexpensive. Once I get myself organized (again), then I can look at some of the other things I want to do.

Other:
My daughter had my laptop and I'd left my pinterest page up. She was looking through it and saw this one. Since it seemed to strike a chord with her, I'm sharing it here.


No comments: