Friday, December 21, 2012

End of Semester 1

The new semester starts after the holiday and the old semester is gone. My kids and I survived the transition. I won't say this semester has been successful, it's definitely been stressful. In the end, though, my kids passed all courses for the first semester. Some of the grades I wonder about, but now that we have something of a clue as to what to do and how to do it, next semester should run better. I certainly won't get ambitious and say it will run smoothly. Somehow, with all the hormones in the house, I sincerely doubt that's possible.

I still have my issues with Gwinnett Online Campus, but I'm hoping it works its way out quickly. My son is focused on getting to 9th grade, he's really liking the idea of going over to GSMST. He knows what it's going to take to get to 9th grade from here, he knows what I expect of him. He's still working on coming to terms with what will be expected of him if he does go to GSMST.

My daughter, on the other hand, is loving getting the best of both school worlds. She loves being able to do work at home and then do what she wants. She loves being able to go to school for the labs and hang out with her friends. As much as she likes one of the teachers, though, I get the impression she's indifferent to them. She's thinking about what she wants to do for next year. We're holding off on a decision, though, until after this school year is out.

No comments: