Thursday, August 02, 2012

Reflections on the Olympics (1996)

In 1996, I worked at Georgia Tech in their computer center. I was able to telecommute part of the week, but the rest of it I had to actually go in to complete. Because of that, I had a security pass to get into the Olympic Village (Georgia Tech's campus). It was during that time that I was able to meet some wonderful athletes and other people.

I no longer have the names of the folk I met, but I have to say getting to speak with them was an awesome thing. The athletes were VERY excited to be there and happy to talk to the "general folk" that were around. I even got into the pin trading "craze" with some of the athletes.

Watching the 2012 Olympics in London, I went looking for some of my pictures and came across these of some of the people I met.

In the athlete's cafeteria on campus

Hanging out around campus

A torch bearer (obviously)

Somewhere just off campus (probably in the Village)

Given a chance, I'd do it all again. I've even started talking to hubby about possibly taking the kids to one in the future.. Have to see where 2020 turns out to be.

No comments: