Friday, August 17, 2012

End of School week 2

I have done something this week I don't normally do. I haven't posted anything on my blog. I've been busy with work (first week of school with GCA) and my kids (GOC and regular activities). Most of the week, I've felt very over loaded. I hit a 'melt down' point Tuesday and just had to decide that if it didn't have to be done, it wasn't going to be done. This was for work as well as for home.

So, we've survived another week (both and work and with school). Work has been a zoo. I'm not the only one on my team to feel a bit stressed. Luckily for me, my kids help me stay balanced. If nothing else, their activities force me to shut down my computer at a certain point, so that I almost CAN'T over work.

Last week GOC issued the kids watches that measure physical activity. This is to make sure they get at least an hours worth of "play" or such each day. They'll use them to upload to the teachers on a regular basis. Yes, they're graded on it. We're still having some issues with making sure work gets finished, the school has been relatively flexible up to now. Monday the kids will have to make certain work gets turned in on time. We'll see how well that works out.

I have to admit that the highlight of my week was going to the Braves game last night.. more about that another time.

No comments: