Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Off to a Slow Start



I don't know about you, but my summer is actually off to a somewhat slow start. I'm not counting last week's work schedule. This isn't a bad thing, it's just what it is. So far we've not done much more than have a sleepover one night at home and send my kids off to one another. It's not hugely surprising. Many of our friends have already had their family trip (or are on it), we don't go until later. My kids have belt testing this weekend, so we've had to be around for training for that. My kids won't do summer camp until next month (when most of their friends are done with theirs).

I worry that we won't "enjoy" summer until it's over, but then I have to take a deep breath and remember it IS summer and we are doing something unusual... taking it easy. That's such an odd/off feeling for me. I've gotten so used to the hustle that not having to just seems wrong somehow. Of course, by the time summer is over I'll have figured it out. Which, of course, is when I'll have to hustle again.

No comments: