Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Smith Gilbert Gardens

This past Saturday, a friend was testing for his black belt in Kennesaw. My family decided it would be a good day to spend outside until time to watch him test. So, after lunch with relatives, we headed over to the Smith Gilbert Gardens.

This tree was one of my favorites, it's a mulberry.


This is a tea house, it had a table and multiple chairs.

A wonderful view from the main house.

There are sculptures all over. This was just one.

There was a garden area aimed toward kids. My guys enjoyed playing with the bubbles.

I had hoped it would take us longer to tour the gardens than it did (it only took about 1.5 hr). It was, though, a very nice visit. I'm sure that once all the flowers are in full bloom, it'll be gorgeous to view. If you have younger kids there isn't a huge amount to keep their attention. At $7/adult and $5 for my son (my daughter was free), it'll be a while before we go back again.

No comments: