Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chattahoochee Nature Center

After having a day unplugged from computers/video games on Saturday (and doing a lot of cleaning), I decided we should get out for a while. I've never been to the Nature Center before, so my suggestion was to head there. Ultimately, my family went along with me.

We got there just as they were doing a critter encounter. Note the possum on the staff person's back.

We wandered through the aviary trail after. My photos of most didn't come out. This one, fortunately, did. He decided he liked my daughter and followed her up and down the cage line.

We wandered up the forest trail and saw lots of beautiful colors in the trees. My favorite was this view.

At the top of the hill is a small cemetary.

From there we wandered over to the River trail.

There were at least 3 other trails that we didn't do. They had a guided nature hike as well, though my kids preferred doing it on their own. All in all, a very nice trip for a pretty Fall day.

No comments: