Friday, January 07, 2011

Kitty Furballs, anyone?

Since I've been very slack this week with posting, I thought I'd make this post a PSA (well, semiPSA anyway). My kids are always on the look out for new and interesting service projects. I came across this one kind of round-about, but my kids loved it and can't wait to go back. We spent a while Thursday afternoon with Furkids.org at their shelter socializing kitties.

They spent time in several different rooms getting to meet lots of really cute cats. We each had our favorites in each room, I think.. though as always, the kitten room was the biggest hit with my kids. There was one kitten, Morgan (see my son's photo above), an orange tabby, that was determined to lay by one of us to get petted. He made the rounds as whomever he was visiting stopped petting him. My daughter loved a cute little silver/grey tabby named Laura (kitten in daughter's lap above is Ramona, I think), seems she'll be a lap kitten though she'll play while she's there.

Now for the PSA of it all, there are LOTS of sweet kitties that need homes there. Just about every color combination available or even preferred hair length. Here are a few who's pictures at least came out recognisable. Hard to get a picture of a cat that wants your attention, not for you to take pictures.

You can find info on these and other cats on their web site: http://www.furkids.org

No comments: