Friday, January 21, 2011

Hockey Game

My family and I went out last weekend to watch the Gwinnett Gladiators play. My daughter had cleaned out 2 garbage bags full of stuffed animals from her stash to be given away or sold or whatever. The Gladiators were having a Teddy Bear toss for charity, so we sorted back through and pulled out the bears in the best condition and took them with us to the game. The Gladiators scored within the first 3 minutes of the game and then the teddy bears started flying. The rink was fairly covered before they started gathering them up into piles. They drove 5 cars out onto the ice to load them up (one was a pick-up) all were stuffed to the gills.

I think my husband had more fun watching some of the cars with their rear wheels turning on the ice without moving, than the toss itself. We did enjoy the game though.

Unfortunately the Gladiators lost in the sudden death over time.

No comments: