Saturday, October 09, 2010

What a week

It's been a busy week. I haven't been able to stop for long to get any blogging done. Shameful, I know. From school work (including a writing test for my daughter), zooming around for the kids' activities, to trying to get my parents' house taken care of, it's been a go-go week. At any rate, as far as my folks' home goes, the tenants moved out last week and during inspection we found termite damage. Now I'm trying to coordinate the termite treatment as well as getting new paint and other repairs done. I can only hope that we have it all taken care of by mid-October, end of October at latest.

In the meantime, I'm waiting on results for possibly refinancing our house. The appraisal came out significantly lower than we'd figured. A lot of it was apparently due to lack of home resale value in the area. Houses are still just not selling well (if at all) in the area. So we may be stuck, we'll see. Disappointing to say the least.

I did at least manage to mail my niece's birthday gift (late, but hey it's out) as well as two packages to soldiers in the military. One is stationed in Basra, the other I'm not sure exactly. I'll buy some popcorn from my son and send that off to them as well. I also managed to vacuum the downstairs and my kids' bedrooms, do laundry, as well as clean my kitchen and the bath tubs.

So, as a result of the week my posting has been sparse. Hopefully, I'll get my act together over the 3 day weekend. In the meantime, I hope everyone else has a good weekend as well.

No comments: