Friday, October 29, 2010

No! You can't have my money!

So, along with everyone else in the world, we're trying to keep our money to ourselves, or at least pay off the debt so that we can have it all later. We've started the home refinancing thing twice already (long story) and have discovered that thanks to reappraisal, we have no equity left. ARG. Not to mention that our property taxes went up this year.

State Farm sent us our newest bills for our cars and I've decided they're asking for too much. So I started getting quotes for different carriers. So far I really like Liberty Mutual.

I have coupons out the wazoo trying to keep my regular grocery costs down. We haven't bought any unnecessary 'stuff' in a long while (common sense there). Love the fact that shopping at Kroger I get gas discounts (thus keeping gas cost down).

I've been answering surveys until I'm sick of them (though I'll still do them) on the off chance I'll either a) build up enough 'points' to get something I want or b) win a prize. I'm entering contests online. If my receipts have a 'answer a survey/enter for a prize' I've been doing that too. I can honestly say I've won a few things from entering online contests, just nothing 'big'.

Other than getting one of those 'work from home' jobs or doing home-party sales, I think I've done about all I can do for now. It's annoying, though, that despite my best efforts we're not getting ahead. I can only hope that at some point in the future all of this WILL make a difference and we can keep our own money.

No comments: