Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Georgia Cyber Academy

It's official. My children were given seats for the 2010-2011 school year at the Georgia Cyber Academy. I sort of posted this on facebook, but until I got the official email and info from GCA, I wasn't going to blog about it. While my children will be at home while at school, it's NOT home schooling. Their schedule will be relatively flexible (both have to attend a certain number of hours each day), I can have them start in the morning, take a break and finish in the afternoon. They will have to work with a teacher, though not necessarily in person. They will have text books (provided by the academy) that they will work out of. They will also use their computers.

It is a Georgia chartered public school, so there are no fees involved. It's accredited through the state, so I don't have to worry about placement if we move or change schools again. Of course, if we move, the school moves too, which works for me.

As a result of this, though, I won't be able to be a substitute teacher. It's all in the trade offs and compromises.

Post a Comment