Monday, March 29, 2010

Winston Churchill by John Perry

I received this book from Book Sneeze to review. So here's my review:

Perry's book on Winston Churchill was an excellent resource for a start in learning about the man behind the image. It takes a no-holds barred look as it gives insight into his life provided by Churchill himself through his letters and writings. It also depicts the man as others saw him, through his actions and statements by others. The book starts with his birth and family, it includes the influences on his life as he grew to be the man most people knew, until the end of his life. It does not exclude his religious education or influences and in fact explores it as Churchill did himself. In the end, we discover a lot of what made him who he was and are left with the appetite to find out more.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

hi, please add my blog! I just started a mom and giveaways and reviews site, i am trying to get sponsors and giveaways for my site, but most sponsors tell me I need more members! So please add my blog, snickersncream.blogspot.com/
thanks! :) I will have giveaways within the week!