Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Adrenaline Climbing

We went out to Suwanee Friday night to check out Adrenaline Climbing's Family Fun Night. For $10 it includes climbing, equipment rental and pizza. Note on the pizza: it was just 1 piece for all but my daughter who managed to get 2. My suggestion on this is to either eat something small ahead of time, or wait and get a treat after. Our group chose to head for ice cream after.

Belaying for my hubby was interesting, I had to make sure I kept my feet on the ground as he descended.

For all that my daughter will climb to the top of the rock tower at Stone Mountain, she wasn't interested in going too high on the rocks here.

My son tried most of the different areas you could climb.

This is a climbing 'tread'mill.. my daughter loved this. As you climb it rotates to change what handholds are available.

My son thought it was pretty cool too.

The group decision on this was that it was very enjoyable. The 4 kids (ages 8 & 11) gave it a thumbs up. The adults did the belaying, trying a few climbs as well. The 6-8 time frame worked well, after a couple of hours of goofing off, the kids had had enough for the evening. This, followed by ice cream, made for an enjoyable evening. They have other options (including home school days) for discounts that you can check out on their web site. They're also on facebook.

1 comment:

Brett said...

Me and my kids love this place! Great review.