Saturday, January 16, 2010

To Mission or not to Mission

My kids (particularly my daughter) need service hours for scouts. As a result, they've started going to church with a friend's children on Wednesday nights. They're participating in a program called "Kids on a Mission". It's an outreach program for kids to help other kids and groups. This past week my two were invited to participate in a mission program over spring break. They'll be headed to Alabama to a church to do a mini-bible school. My kids aren't sure about it for a couple of reasons. One - they're new to the program and it's an adjustment as it is. Two- it's sleep-away with non-family which they haven't done yet. So, we have a lot of thinking to do to make up our minds about whether or not to let them go.

1 comment:

Stephanie Bowden said...

Where in Alabama? If it's around here we can be available if needed. The thing that stands out to me is that the Kids are uncomfortable with it. Trust their instinct.