Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Decatur Book Festival

I ended up going all by myself, which was probably a good thing. The boys hung out around the house goofing off. I, on the other hand, cruised the exhibitors and found books for the kids for $.50, including a graphic Star Wars novel. I listened to Kate DiCamillo read part of her new book and picked up 3 of her books (2 Mercy Watson & Tales of Desperaux) autographed.

I visited Stephanie Bond and got two of her Body Movers (5&6) books signed.

Then I went and listened to Jon Scieszca (very funny man, my son likes his Time Warp Trio books) and had two of his books signed.

I was out there for probably 4 hours and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Maybe next year one of my son's most favorite authors (Tony Abbott) will be there, or even one of his buddy's favorite authors (Geronimo Stilton). My daughter loves the Kate DiCamillo (Mercy Watson) books, so maybe she'll be back. Of course, to truly help my son out, we'll likely have to hit Dragon Con to meet someone like Timothy Zahn.

No comments: