Sunday, March 15, 2009

King Tut

Was fascinating! I loved seeing all the artifacts they had on exhibit. We were lucky in our choice of time. We had the time slot of 9:30 and got there a little early. Since crowds were low, we went straight in. It took us about an hour and a half to see everything. They do have audio tours, but we passed. There's also a 3D movie, which neither of my kids are particularly interested in, so we passed on that as well. By the time we got out, there as a large crowd waiting to get in. I highly recommend going.

My only "complaint" was that I had given my kids a small notebook and pencil to take with them to write down cool and interesting facts. We were informed that they were not allowed. When I asked why, I was told that at another exhibition a child had a pen and paper. Apparently the child broke the pen and the ink went on one of the artifacts. Since then, no pens/pencils/paper allowed (no cameras either). I will note, though, that the same rule applies for the Terracotta Army at the High Museum.

1 comment:

David Kirk said...

Hello from Kermit, Texas! We saw the Tut exhibit in Dallas on Friday March 13th! Do they have a competing tour in Atlanta? Just curious .....